Important To Know
1) How can a claim be intimated to the company?
A claim can be intimated by providing written information to us through-
- Nearest Max Life Insurance company office
- Email at email@example.com
* Kindly note that the claim will be formally registered only after we receive hard copies of the claim documents at the Max Life Insurance office
2) Where can I get claim forms and list of documents required for submission?
For claim intimation forms:
- Visit the nearest Max Life Insurance company branch
- Talk to our advisor
- Download from the website Claims Section
3) Where can I submit claim documents?
You can submit the documents at:
- Nearest Max Life Insurance branch
- Mail them to home office -
Max Life Insurance Company
Home office / Operations center - 2nd floor
90A, Sector 18, Udyog Vihar,
4) Why is it essential to produce all the records / documents as required by the company?
All claims are examined and settled by the company on the basis of information present in documents or proofs submitted by you in connection with the claim. It is advisable to provide complete information for faster and smoother claims processing.
5) What is the time frame within which the claim has to be reported to the company?
It is advisable to intimate the claim at the earliest post event occurrence. In case of Dread Disease and Critical Illness claims, claim should be intimated only after the end of survival period (post 30 days of event occurrence)
6) Once all the requirements are submitted, what is the time frame for claim settlement?
The company decisions the claim within 30 working days after all the records, documents and necessary forms are submitted and the documentation is completed. In case, the claim warrants further verification, same is completed by the company within a reasonable time. Subsequently, when a decision is taken, it is communicated to the claimant.
7) How will I receive the claim amount?
The company honours claim payments through cheque or Electronic Fund Transfer as per the convenience of the claimant and availability of claim documentation.
- It is despatched directly to the claimant at the address mentioned in the intimation form / claim application form.
- In non-serviceable areas the cheque is sent to the local branch office from where our company official delivers the cheque at your address.
Electronic Fund Transfer:
- EFT mandate attested by Bank authorities along with a cancelled cheque needs to be submitted
- Funds will be transferred directly to the claimant’s Bank account
8) What is the procedure when there is no nomination or in case of nominee’s death?
In such circumstances, it is termed as "Open Title" situation. The company would require the proof of title / succession certificate issued by the competent court. The claim would be paid to the person specified in the said proof. The succession certificate should specifically provide orders for disbursement of policy monies. If, however, the deceased has left a Registered Will, a probate of the Registered Will is required along with the copy of the Registered Will.