Yes, a request for authorization for cashless access may be declined if,
1. Inadequate/vague/wrong information is provided and the TPA is unable to get access to further information.
2. The ailment/ disease for which hospitalization is required is not covered by insurance.
3. The person does not have adequate insured amount left to cover the hospitalization costs.
4. The policy is not active as on the date of hospitalization.
5. The condition falls under the exclusions specified in Section 3 of Policy Document.
This only means that cashless access is declined, and is in no way to be construed as denial of treatment. The Policyholder must obtain the treatment as per his/her treating doctor’s advice.