Cancer can affect anybody. Owing to today’s fast paced and stressful lifestyle that most of us live, the chances of developing the disease have increased.
There are more than 100 types of cancer and anyone can fall victim to it. The cost of treatment has increased over time and has the potential to wipe out savings of a common man. Although it may be easy to say “I won’t get cancer”, it is wise to be proactive about financial security. Having the assurance that your treatment costs will be taken care of can help reduce financial burden. This is why it is vital to take up a comprehensive cancer insurance plan
While most health insurance policies cover cancer, they may not cover the entire cost of treatment. Such limitations can be overcome by opting for a specific cancer insurance plan. Important aspects to look into while choosing a plan are:
- Choosing the correct plan corresponding to the type of cancer one is diagnosed with. As some plans cover certain types of cancer
- Choose a plan that covers most forms of cancer (early and advanced stages)
- The premiums of cancer insurance policies are usually lower than that of health insurance policies, so it’s important to choose the best deal.
Regarding eligibility, for most cancer-specific policies, the minimum age of entry is 18. While we may not be able to predict the future, it is easy to insure against any illness like cancer, thus ensuring the best probability for treatment, recovery and survival.
Max Life Cancer Insurance Plan (UIN- 104N093V01)- A Non-Linked Non-Participating Insurance Plan. Benefits defined under the plan are payable only on diagnosis of Cancer as specified. There is no maturity or surrender benefit available under the plan.
1) The information in this article has been collected through secondary research and Max Life Insurance Company Limited is not responsible for the accuracy of the content
2) This information is provided for general knowledge only. Kindly consult your doctor/physician for any specific queries