Max Life Insurance Company Limited (referred to as “Max Life”, our, us, and/or we) recognizes that one of Max Life’s fundamental responsibility is to ensure that Max Life protects Personal Information (as defined below) entrusted to Max Life by its customers. This is critical for the maintenance of Max Life’s reputation and for complying with its legal and regulatory obligations to protect Max Life’s customer Personal Information.
Type of Personal Information collected by Max Life
We and our authorized Third Parties (as defined below) may collect different types of Personal Information, as permissible under laws and regulation in force in India and also based on your desire to subscribe to our insurance products and services and/or to develop the business relationship as part of providing better services to our customers. Personal Information may include but is not limited to:
- Personal Information: Your name, age, gender, date of birth, photographs, information relating to our Know Your Customer (KYC) obligations, nationality, educational qualification, occupation, avocation, employment details, criminal record, aadhar number and any other information which is capable of identifying you.
- Contact Information: Your address, telephone numbers, email id etc.
- Health Information: Your height, weight, blood group, alcohol & drug consumption, smoking, personal & family medical history, attending physician/treatment records etc.
- Financial Information: Details related to your bank accounts, credit or debit card, or other payment instrument details, annual income, investment/savings, income tax (PAN Card, Form 16 etc.).
- Other Information: Any information:
- contained in documents used as proof of identity, address, age or income.
- that may help to provide, improve and maintain our products and services which may ultimately be beneficial to you.
- biometric information that measures and analyses human body characteristics (such as fingerprints, eye retinas and irises, voice patterns, facial patterns, hand measurements and DNA) for authentication purposes.
Other information may be collected in the form of various surveys which you agree to participate in or provide other feedback to us regarding our products or services; when you register to receive news updates, when you submit subscription enquiries through our website or when a candidate applies for a job through our website.
Any information that is freely available or accessible in the public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force, shall not be regarded as Personal Information for the purposes of this Policy.
Purpose of collection and use of Personal Information
The Personal Information that Max Life collects may be used for the purposes for which it is collected or for related lawful and connected purposes that would reasonably be expected.
Max Life may collect such Personal Information either itself or through its Third Parties. For the purpose of this Policy “Third Party” includes any service provider, agent of Max Life or any Max Life group entity associated with Max Life in collecting, handling, storing, dealing, transmitting, protecting or processing Personal Information of Max Life customers, in India or abroad and also includes all sub-contractors, consultants and/or representatives of the Third Party.
Max Life may use the information provided by customers for one or more purposes but not limited to the following:
- to process, confirm and fulfil customer requests regarding Max Life products and services or transactions made using Max Life online and offline (over the counter) services.
- to contact customers to address their enquiries, complaints and requests.
- to comply with the rules relating to KYC obligations and under Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 or under any other law.
- to carry out market and product analysis and marketing of Max Life’s products and services and communicate updates, offers and promotion.
- to identify, verify and conduct background screening purposes.
- to conform to legal requirements or comply with legal processes.
- to protect and defend Max Life ’s or its affiliates' rights, interests or property.
- to enforce the terms and conditions of the products or services offered by Max Life or such other purposes expressly specified in the data entry forms or other relevant sections of the web resources of Max Life.
- to address network integrity and security issues.
- to reconcile and settle accounts with those who provide related services to us.
- to analyse the customer usage pattern and deliver customized content and advertising that may be of interest to you.
- to carry out activities connected with the running of our business such as personnel training, quality control, network monitoring, testing & maintenance of computer, other systems and in connection with the transfer of any part of our business in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer.
- for communication, reminders, collection and retention efforts during the renewal process directly or through Third Parties.
- to execute electronic clearance system/standing instructions/auto debits.
If a customer does not wish to provide the Personal Information requested or the consent for use of her Personal Information or later withdraws the consent for use of the Personal Information collected, Max Life reserves the right not to provide services or to withdraw the services for which the information was sought/collected from the customer.
Disclosure of Personal Information
In case Max Life discloses the Personal Information to Third Parties then it will ensure that such Third Parties will be bound contractually to ensure that they protect customer Personal Information in accordance with applicable laws. Max Life may disclose and/or transfer the information to:
- other companies that provide services directly to a customer on our behalf or provide services to us by collecting, receiving, processing, storing, dealing or handling your information. To enable them to do this, We may need to share your Personal Information with them.
- anyone we transfer our business to in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer.
- any other entity or organization in order for them to understand our environment in order to provide you with better services.
- as may be required to be disclosed to any third party by us by an order or direction under the law for the time being in force.
- Max Life may share Personal Information of the customer, without obtaining his/her prior written consent, if mandated by law, pursuant to an order or direction of a court of law or Government agency.
Max Life will retain information about its customers for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which such information was collected or as may be required to comply with the internal Max Life’s policies or as is otherwise required under any law in force from time to time.
Reasonable security practices and procedures
Max Life uses reasonable and appropriate techniques and processes to protect Personal Information.
Max Life is committed to implement physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect customer Personal Information against loss, misuse, damage and unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Max Life continuously reviews and enhances Max Life’s security policies and security measures to consistently maintain a high level of security.
We maintain information pertaining to you in our business records as per current regulatory requirements.
Max Life, as part of its security practice, has maintained a standard which is consistent with the International Standard IS/ISO/IEC 270001 on “Information Technology – Security Techniques –Information Security Management System- Requirements”.
Preview and updation of Personal Information
We strive to keep our records updated with your latest information. To this end, if you see any discrepancy in your Personal Information or if a part of your Personal Information changes, we request you to visit a Max Life office or reach our customer service at 1800 200 5577 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notification of changes in Policy
Grievance Redressal Officer
If a customer wishes Max Life to address any discrepancies and grievances in relation to its Personal Information, the customer may write to Max Life’s Grievance Redressal Officer and Max Life will respond on the request in a time bound manner in accordance with applicable laws.
The contact details of Max Life’s Grievance Redressal Officers are as under:
Name : Ruchi Girdhar
Contact no : 0124 – 4219090 ( Extn : 9673)
Email : email@example.com